ד"ר הילה פלד-שפירא
1. The Prose Works of Gha'ib Tu'ma Farman: The City and the Beast (Lanham, MD: Lexington, 2018).
*** Review of The Prose Works of Gha'ib Tu'ma Farman: The City and the Beast by Levi Thompson: https://www.jadaliyya.com/Details/40333/Review-of-The-Prose-Works-Of-Gha%E2%80%99%E2%80%99ib-Tu%E2%80%99-Ma-Farman-The-City-and-the-Beast . Published in Arab Studies Journal (Fall, 2019).
2. " 'The government is the servant of the people': clashes between state and society in the monarchic Iraq as reflected in two short stories by Gha'ib Tu'mah Farman and Shakir Khusbak" in: Benjamin Isakhan, Shamiran Mako and Fadi Dawood (eds), Evolving State Society Relations in Iraq: Negotiating Citizenship under Occupation, Authoritarianism and Democratization (I.B. Tauris, 2017).
3. "GELO HELEBÇE XALA WERÇERXÊ BÛ JI BO HELBESTVAN BULEND EL-HEYDERÎ", Wêje û Rexne, 4, 2015, 47 - 68.
4. "Was Halabja a turning point for the poet Buland al-Haydari?", Kurdish Studies, vol. 2, no. 1 (2014), pp. 14 – 33. (http://tplondon.com/journal/index.php/ks/article/viewFile/270/277)
5. "Religion and Politics: On the Motif of Blindness in 'Abd al-Malik Nuri's "Rih al-janub" and Ga'ib Tu'mah Farman's "'Ammi abburni"", Journal of Arabic Literature, 44 - 3 (2013), pp. 371 – 393. (https://www.academia.edu/5345534/Religion_and_Politics_On_the_Motif_of_Blindness_in_Abd_al-Malik_Nuris_Rih_al-janub_and_Gaib_Tumah_Farmans_Ammi_abburni_)
6."On The Horns Of A Dilemma: Intellectuals Between The Regime And The People As Reflected In Iraqi Communist Literature", The Levantine Review, Volume 1 Number 2, Fall 2012, pp. 140 – 152. (http://ejournals.bc.edu/ojs/index.php/levantine/article/view/3050/2669)
7."From Imperial Capital to Dungeon: The Construction of the Image of the City in the Works of the Kurdish-Iraqi Poet Buland al-Ḥaydarī", Oriente Moderno XCII 1-2012, pp. 65 – 78.(https://www.academia.edu/1242010/_From_Imperial_Capital_to_Dungeon_The_Construction_of_the_Image_of_the_City_in_the_Works_of_the_Kurdish-Iraqi_Poet_Buland_al-_aydari_)
8."Days like Nights Indeed? On Time Perception in the Works of the Kurdish - Iraqi Poet Buland al-Ḥaydarī", Die Welt des Islams, 53-1 (2013), pp. 76 – 107.
9.""Permitted and Forbidden" - Conventions of Relations between the Sexes and Their Contravention as Reflected in the Novels of Ghāˀib Ṭuˁma Farmān", Middle Eastern Studies, vol. 49, issue 3 (2013), pp. 402 - 413.
10."From Conventional to Personal, or: What Happened to Metaphor under the Influence of Ideology - the Case of Gha'ib Tu'ma Farman", Journal of Semitic Studies LIV/1 Spring 2009, 227 – 250.
*"Opposition intellectuals then and now: What do they have in common?" – An article in The Guardian. 13 July 2012.
Iraqi Communist prose literature; literature and ideology
Social conventions and their contravention in Arabic literature
Kurdish poetry in Arabic
Arabic literature of exiles
Metaphors, urban space and time perception in modern Arabic Literature